To Kill a Kingdom
Written by Alexandra Christo
Published by Hot Key Books (Bonnier Zaffre)
Publication date: 6th March 2018
Age range: 13+
Summary (from Goodreads):
Princess Lira is siren royalty and the most lethal of them all. With the hearts of seventeen princes in her collection, she is revered across the sea. Until a twist of fate forces her to kill one of her own. To punish her daughter, the Sea Queen transforms Lira into the one thing they loathe most—a human. Robbed of her song, Lira has until the winter solstice to deliver Prince Elian’s heart to the Sea Queen or remain a human forever.
The ocean is the only place Prince Elian calls home, even though he is heir to the most powerful kingdom in the world. Hunting sirens is more than an unsavoury hobby—it’s his calling. When he rescues a drowning woman in the ocean, she’s more than what she appears. She promises to help him find the key to destroying all of sirenkind for good—But can he trust her? And just how many deals will Elian have to barter to eliminate mankind’s greatest enemy?
Why I can’t wait to read this:
- Fantasy is always my happy place so I am always interested in new releases.
- Fairy tale inspired/ retelling = bound to be a favourite. I LOVE folklore and fairy tales, the darker the better!
- Two main characters seem set up to hate each other and I do like a bit of the ‘enemies to friends/lovers‘ trope. Admit it, you do too!
- Standalone – I love a good standalone. Series are great, but sometimes I just want a book that is complete in itself so I don’t have to wait for ages for the next book…
- Been hearing a lot of good things about this in the book-blogger community already.
- AND – – bonus – – the cover is beautiful!
What do you think?
Does it seem like a book you might be interested in reading?
Which other books are you looking forward to?
Please link your ‘Waiting on Wednesday’ posts below as I’d love to read them!
Waiting on Wednesday was created by Breaking the Spine
Until March 6th 2018, there is a giveaway on Goodreads to win a copy of this book
(UK only, sorry!)