The Exact Opposite of Okay
Written by Laura Steven
Published by Electric Monkey
Publication date: 8th March 2018
Age range: 15+
Summary (from Goodreads):
Izzy O’Neill is an aspiring comic, an impoverished orphan, and a Slut Extraordinaire. Or at least, that’s what the malicious website flying round the school says. Izzy can try all she wants to laugh it off – after all, her sex life, her terms – but when pictures emerge of her doing the dirty with a politician’s son, her life suddenly becomes the centre of a national scandal. Izzy’s never been ashamed of herself before, and she’s not going to start now. But keeping her head up will take everything she has…
Why I can’t wait to read this:
- A book that addresses the double standard for men and women, especially in YA – yes please!
- Have been hearing SO MANY good things about this in the book-blogosphere – everyone I know who has read it has loved it.
- Izzy sounds like the kind of protagonist I could really get behind – smart, sassy and sarcastic as well as someone who sticks up for herself when rumours are spread.
- Think this book is so topical when so much of our lives are now online and our reputation (both on and offline) means so much.
- I have been trying to read more contemporary fiction and this seems like it could be a new favourite.
- BONUS – beautiful cover!
What do you think?
Does it seem like a book you might be interested in reading?
Which other books are you looking forward to?
Please link your ‘Waiting on Wednesday’ posts below as I’d love to read them!
See my ‘Waiting on Wednesday’ for last week – To Kill a Kingdom
Waiting on Wednesday was created by Breaking the Spine