The Smoke Thieves
Written by Sally Green
Published by Penguin Random House
Publication date: 3rd May 2018
Summary (from Goodreads):
A princess, a traitor, a hunter and a thief. Four teenagers with the fate of the world in their hands. Four nations destined for conflict.
In Brigant, Princess Catherine prepares for a loveless political marriage arranged by her brutal and ambitious father. In Calidor, downtrodden servant March seeks revenge on the prince who betrayed his people. In Pitoria, feckless Edyon steals cheap baubles for cheaper thrills as he drifts from town to town. And in the barren northern territories, thirteen-year-old Tash is running for her life as she plays bait for the gruff demon hunter Gravell.
As alliances shift and shatter, and old certainties are overturned, our four heroes find their past lives transformed and their futures inextricably linked by the unpredictable tides of magic and war. Who will rise and who will fall? And who will claim the ultimate prize?
Why I can’t wait to read this:
- I enjoyed the Half Bad trilogy from this author (Though didn’t like how the last book ended…)
- Fantasy is my happy place – I love fantasy books!
- The set-up of characters kind of reminds me of role-playing games such as Final Fantasy which I adore. I like it when you have a varied party (e.g. brawler, mage, thief, etc) so the princess, traitor, hunter and thief mentioned in this description got me interested straightaway.
- I love politics in books, maneuvering for power and the effects of revolution, war and peace on the actions of people caught up in their wake. This looks like I will enjoy it!
- Magic and, yet another gorgeous cover!
Has your interest been piqued by this book and the description?
Does it sound like the kind of book you might enjoy?
Thanks for reading!