I thought that this looked like a lot of fun so I wanted to give it a go!
1. Would you rather have a friend who loses your books, or one who dog-ears them?
I have lost so many books over the years by lending them to people and never getting them back, so I guess I would prefer dog-earing. I am getting increasingly picky about who I lend books to now though…
2. Would you rather secretly love a book everyone else hates, or secretly hate a book everyone else loves?
I think I do both at times, but I think tit might be easier to love a book that everyone else hates!
3. Would you rather be stuck on a very long plane or train ride without a book?
Definitely a train because you have room to move around and can look out the window. Also, there are usually some discarded newspapers or magazines to read if you look! Being without a book would never happen for me because I have ebooks saved on every device, just in case!
4. Would you rather have dinner with your favorite author or your favorite character?
5. Would you rather date a character you have a crush on or your crush from real life?
Um, this is a hard one. With characters in books, we only get to see some facets of their personality so I worry that even the most complex character would turn out a little 2D in real life. Still, I guess that they have the benefit of being lovingly created rather than subject to the vagaries of life so, book crush it is.
6. Would you rather have your favorite book turned into a movie, or your favorite movie turned into a book?
The book is always better! I would much rather have a favourite book turned into a move than the other way around – here are a few I really want to see on the big screen!
7. Would you rather read a book with an annoying cliffhanger, or one where your favorite character is killed off?
I can handle an annoying cliffhanger (although it does get harder when you have to wait for YEARS for the next book!) . I would much ratehr that than a favourite character being killed off!
8. Would you rather lose the ability to read any new books, or the ability to reread books you’ve already read?
Ooh, tricky. I think I would prefer to be able to read new books as there are always so many amazing books coming out. However, it would be tough not to be able to revisit old favourites…
9. Would you rather live in a library or a bookstore?
Definitely a library! Especially a big, old library with stacks, ladders and reading rooms with lamps, comfy chairs and writing desks. Just think, you could order in any book you like and read it for free!
10. Would you rather lose your place or get a paper cut every time you read a book?
Lose my place! Despite having tonnes of lovely bookmarks, I can never find one when I need it so tend to use any nearby object. As a kid I got pretty good at remembering my page number or find my place quite quickly so I should be okay.
11. Would you rather have to always read in the dark, or always read books with tiny text?
Reading tiny text would be better than the dark I think. I’m still unsure if it’s true or not, but I was always being told off for reading in poor light …or under the bedcovers!
12. Would you rather read by a fireplace, or on the beach?
The beach is my immediate response as I grew up near the sea and love it there. However, it does depend on the season as there are many wet and wild days that would be cosier next to a nice fire.
What would you choose for each of these questions?
Let me know in the comments or link your posts below as I would love to see your answers!