Black Wings Beating
Written by Alex London
Published by Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group
Publication date: 25th September 2018
Summary (from Goodreads):
The people of Uztar have long looked to the sky with hope and wonder. Nothing in their world is more revered than the birds of prey and no one more honored than the falconers who call them to their fists.
Brysen strives to be a great falconer–while his twin sister, Kylee, rejects her ancient gifts for the sport and wishes to be free of falconry. She’s nearly made it out, too, but a war is rolling toward their home in the Six Villages, and no bird or falconer will be safe.
Together the twins must journey into the treacherous mountains to trap the Ghost Eagle, the greatest of the Uztari birds and a solitary killer. Brysen goes for the boy he loves and the glory he’s long craved, and Kylee to atone for her past and to protect her brother’s future. But both are hunted by those who seek one thing: power.
Why I can’t wait to read this book:
- I love fantasy! (As regular readers of my blog may know already!)
- I really like the idea of birds of prey being revered – they are such maginificent creatures! I would like to find out more about how they are both revered and yet, tamed to some degree.
- I like strong sibling relationships in stories as family can drive you mad, but woe betide anyone who tries to hurt them!
- I like political intrigue and power struggles, as well as the extremes of human nature showcased in war, peace and revolution – and this story sounds like it has all that and more!
- Gorgeous cover and intriguing blurb!
What do you think?
Is this book on your TBR pile too or are you planning to add it?
Which books are you eagerly anticipating?