Harry Potter, you’re just not good enough – which character would you choose?
I saw this on Kay’s blog, over at Hammock of Books and thought it looked like fun!
- Write 30 character names on pieces of paper.
- Put them in a jar/mug/cup. (I used my Harry Potter cauldron!)
- Randomly choose two pieces of paper for every question. For each of the 15 questions, you have to decide which of the two characters fits the question and which one is not good enough.
1. You only have one more spot on your Spelling Bee team. Who do you pick to complete your team?
Cho Chang or Ron Weasley?
Sorry Ron, it would have to be Cho – she’s in Ravenclaw after all!
2. Both characters want to kill you. Which one would you kill first so you have a better chance of surviving?
Severus Snape or Remus Lupin?
Ooh, that’s an evil question…both Snape and Lupin are pretty handy wizards…Snape would probably poison me whilst Lupin might be able to rip me apart if he transformed…um, should kill him first? (but I don’t want to!)
3. You’re on the bachelor/bachelorette and you’re down to these two characters. Which one are you going to give your rose to?
Sirius Black or Rubeus Hagrid?
What is going on with the names coming out of this mug?! Um, I have also never seen the bachelor/bachelorette TV series but I’m guessing giving the rose to someone means going on a date with them…, Sirius? Although, if it just meant we could have a chat, I would love talking about magical creatures with Hagrid!
4. You’ve been chosen for the Hunger Games. Who would most likely volunteer in your place?
Cedric Diggory or Voldemort?
I am guessing that Cedric would be more likely to volunteer as he seems more the type for heroic stances. Voldemort seems much more focused on his own survival…
5. You’re stranded on an island with an active volcano. Which character would you throw into a volcano as a sacrifice?
Nymphadora Tonks or Pansy Parkinson?
This would have to be Pansy I’m afraid, although I like to think she grew up and matured a lot after Hogwarts – she had to be smarter than how she appeared in the books, she’s a crafty Slytherin!
6. You’re the next DC/Marvel superhero (with your own T.V. show, of course). Who is your sidekick?
Professor McGonagall or Professor Dumbledore?
Look, I know that Dumbledore is pretty kick-ass, but this would have to be Professor McGonagall. I think that I would probably be her sidekick though rather than the otehr way around!
7. You’re a manager of an avocado-admiring company. Who would you fire for lack of communication skills?
First, random company, but…
George Weasley or Draco Malfoy?
Oh, another tricky one. Malfoy can be pretty nasty so I could see him annoying customers. On the other hand, he has been trained as the heir of one of the most important wizarding families in the U.K. so I imagine that he could be pretty charming when he wants to me.
George would have great people skills, able to strike up a conversation with a blank wall, but I could also see him, perhaps, getting bored and creating mischief on the job…
It would really depend on who annoyed me most first!
8. You’ve just finished a book in which your favorite character dies. Which character is most likely to comfort you?
Neville Longbottom or Ginny Weasley?
I think Neville would be the most likely to comfort me, although I could also see him being pretty uncomfortable with someone crying.
I imagine that Ginny would be more of the ‘pull yourself together’ kind of sympathy!
9. Ugh, it’s high school. Who would most likely be part of the popular clique?
Hermione Granger or Blaise Zabini?
I could imagine Blaise being part of the popular clique more easily than Hermione, as she would probably spend more time with books than people. I could also imagine her having very little patience for following trends, etc.
10. The day has arrived – you’re finally a year older! Who would have the nerve to forget your birthday?
Severus Snape or Luna Lovegood?
I don’t think Snape would take anyone’s birthday under his notice so I don’t think he would ever remember mine. Luna has her head in the clouds so could definitely imagine her missing my birthday, but then giving me a totally random present on an odd day for some other reason.
11. You’ve just found an upcoming booktube star! Who would it most likely be?
Colin Creevy or Seamus Finnegan?
I guess Colin because of his interest in photography? Maybe that would lead naturally into making videos. Seamus can certainly talk for the country though so I could imagine him quite enjoying v-logging.
12. Sleepover time! Unfortunately, you can only invite one person. Who would you invite?
Professor Sprout or Hermione Granger?
At least this one’s easy – Hermione of course! We could talk about books, or just sit in comfortable silence with our tea, snacks and books. Inviting a Professor to a sleepover would be a little strange…
13. Bam, you’re pregnant. Who is the father/mother?
Argus Filch or Harry Potter?
(full disclosure, I initially pulled out Hermione and Cho, but unless magic can help two women have a baby, that isn’t going to work…)
I feel like a pureblood supremacist saying this but I would really like my children to have the chance of being magic so I guess that it would have to be Harry. Although thinking of him like that is a bit weird…also, sorry to Filch!
14. You’ve just written a super important text. Who would see it, but not reply?
Theo Nott or Fred Weasley?
I’m not really sure why I would be texting either of them, but I could imagine Fred texting back pretty quickly. Theo, we don’t really know enough about from the books, but I can’t imagine him rushing himself for anyone!
15. You’ve just woken up and it’s time for breakfast. Your mum’s been replaced by… who?!
Voldemort or Luna Lovegood?
Luna please! I can handle a bit of scattiness but waking up to have breakfast with Voldemort would not be the best start to my day!
Hope you enjoyed my answers – would you have picked the same or would your choices have been different?
Who is your favourite character in the Harry Potter books and why?