A Pinch of Magic
Written by Michelle Harrison
Published by Simon & Schuster UK
Publication date: February 2019
Summary (from Goodreads):
‘A SPELL-BINDING STORY, STEEPED IN MAGIC. I ADORED IT’ – Abi Elphinstone, author of Sky Song
Three sisters trapped by an ancient curse.
Three magical objects with the power to change their fate.
Will they be enough to break the curse?
Or will they lead the sisters even deeper into danger? …
The enchanting new story from Michelle Harrison, author of the bestselling THIRTEEN TREASURES trilogy
Praise for A PINCH OF MAGIC
‘This delightful tale fizzes with magic and races along at a fantastic pace. This book completely charmed my socks off!’ Alex Bell, author of The Polar Bear Explorers’ Club
‘Simply phenomenal! A breathtaking quest for survival and freedom, bursting with brave heroines, enchanted objects and deadly dangers. And at its heart is a powerful and beautiful message of sisterly love and loyalty overcoming jealousy and betrayal’ Sophie Anderson, author of The House With Chicken Legs
‘Take three sisters, add the cruelest of curses and a pinch of magic, and you’ll have a tantalising tale you cannot put down’ Tamsyn Murray, author of Completely Cassidy
Praise for Michelle Harrison’s THIRTEEN series:
‘A charming and inventive tale’ The Times
‘You are in for an adventure’ Sunday Express
‘The very best in adventure and imagination’ Waterstones.com
Why I can’t wait to read this:
- It’s written by Michelle Harrison! I have devoured everything that she has written and loved it all. My particular favourites are The Other Alice and Thirteen Treasures. She has become one of my auto-buy authors!
- I love anything with magic so this sounds like my kind of book, full of magic and curses.
- I like the fact that the central story seems to be around three sisters as sibling relationships have always fascinated me and I am a sucker for a good brotherly/sisterly bond in a book.
- The curses seem to be linked to magical objects … just give me this book already!
- Despite this book not being out until 2019, I have already heard so many people talking about it and saying how great it is.
- The final cover has yet to be released, but it is sure to be stunning, particularly as the proofs are already so pretty. Also, I love Betty Widdershins as a name and ‘family curse‘ just makes me want to read it straightaway!
What do you think?
Does this sound like the kind of book you would enjoy?
Will you be reading this or do you have any other anticipated releases you would recommend to me?
Let me know in the comments!
See some other Waiting on Wednesday posts here: When the Mountains Roared, The Exact Opposite of Okay, To Kill a Kingdom, Starfish, The Gloaming, The Smoke Thieves, The Way You Make Me Feel, The Queens of Innis Lear, Legendary, Nyxia Unleashed, Bright Ruin, A Thousand Beginnings and Endings, Empress of All Seasons, Tempests and Slaughter, Grim Lovelies, The Glass of Lead and Gold, Storm Witch, The Way Past Winter, The Gilded Wolves, Fierce Fairytales, Descendant of the Crane. Dragon Pearl, Last of Her Name. The Familars.
Thanks for reading!