(Project Nemesis #3)
Written by Brendan Reichs
Published by Pan Macmillan
Publication date: 5th March 2019
Summary (from Goodreads):
The stunning finale of the Project Nemesis trilogy from New York Times bestselling author Brendan Reichs.
The 64 members of Fire Lake’s sophomore class have managed to survive the first two phases of the Program–and each other. Now, they alone have emerged into the dawn of a new era on Earth, into a Fire Lake valley that’s full of otherworldly dangers and challenges. Although staying alive in this broken world should force Min, Noah, Tack, and the others to form new alliances, old feuds die hard, and the brutality of the earlier Program phases cannot be forgotten. But being a team isn’t easy for the sophomores, and when they discover that they may not be alone on the planet after all, they’ll have to decide if they’re going to work together . . . or die together.
Why I can’t wait to read this:
- I had originally thought that this series was going to be a duology – so was pleasantly please to discover, upon finished the second book, that there was to be a third book! I really want to find out more about what happens after they reawaken in a new world.
- The first book was really tense and kept me turning pages quickly. However, I was unconvinced by Noah’s twist so was glad to see things change somewhat in the second book. I have become quite attached to Min, Noah and Tack so can’t wait to see what happens next!
- Generally, I enjoy dystopian books, but this is one of the most unique premises I have come across in a while – I want more.
- The trauma that the teenagers have experienced in the first two books won’t just disappear. Min and Noah are proof of that, both damaged from the experiences of being murdered every two years as they grew up. I can imagine that each of the 64 individuals who have survived will react to this trauma in different ways.
- There are still quite a few threads of the story that have yet to be tied up – I just hope that they can be brought to a satisfactory conclusion!
What do you think?
Does this sound like the kind of book you would enjoy?
Will you be reading this or do you have any other anticipated releases you would recommend to me?
Let me know in the comments!
See some other Waiting on Wednesday posts here: When the Mountains Roared, The Exact Opposite of Okay, To Kill a Kingdom, Starfish, The Gloaming, The Smoke Thieves, The Way You Make Me Feel, The Queens of Innis Lear, Legendary, Nyxia Unleashed, Bright Ruin, A Thousand Beginnings and Endings, Empress of All Seasons, Tempests and Slaughter, Grim Lovelies, The Glass of Lead and Gold, Storm Witch, The Way Past Winter, The Gilded Wolves, Fierce Fairytales, Descendant of the Crane. Dragon Pearl, Last of Her Name. The Familars. A Pinch of Magic, A Witch Come True, The Winter of the Witch, Once Upon a River, A Curse So Dark and Lonely, Shadowscent, Romanov, Echo North.
Thanks for reading!