Waiting on Wednesday: The Lost Tide Warriors
The Lost Tide Warriors
(Storm Keeper #2)
Written by Catherine Doyle
Published by Bloomsbury
Publication date: 11th July 2019
Summary (from Goodreads):
In the brilliant sequel to The Storm Keeper’s Island, winner of the Books are My Bag Readers Award, Fionn Boyle finds himself at the heart of the fight for the island’s survival.
Fionn Boyle has been Storm Keeper of Arranmore for less than six months when thousands of terrifying Soulstalkers arrive on the island. The empty-eyed followers of the dreaded sorceress, Morrigan have come to raise their leader and Fionn is powerless to stop them. The Storm Keeper’s magic has deserted him and with his grandfather’s memory waning, Fionn must rely on his friends Shelby and Sam to help him summon Dagda’s army of merrows.
But nobody else believes the ferocious sea creatures even exist. And how can he prove he’s right without any magic? As Fionn begins his search for the lost army, the other islanders prepare for invasion. The battle to save Arranmore has begun.
Why I can’t wait to read this:
- I loved, loved LOVED, The Storm Keeper’s Island which is the first in this series. It was a case of the perfect book at the perfect time for me so I have been recommending this book to everyone!
- I want to find out more about Fionn and his grandfather, as well as the history of the Storm Keepers so I am eager to go back to the island of Arranmore and delve deeper into the history and world.
- It sounds like the stakes get even higher in this story as the Soulstalkers arrive…even their name gives me a chill!
- In the first book, Fionn was only beginning to grapple with and understand the Storm Keeper’s magic, so I am worried to see that it seems to have abandoned him already!
- I love the attitude of people who have grown up on an island and reading ‘the other islanders prepare for invasion’ has given me images of the ordinary people of Arranmore squeezing in a bit of fighting Soulstalkers in between the important tasks of everyday life, such as farming, etc.
What do you think?
Does this sound like the kind of book you would enjoy?
Will you be reading this or do you have any other anticipated releases you would recommend to me?
Let me know in the comments!
See some other Waiting on Wednesday posts here: When the Mountains Roared, The Exact Opposite of Okay, To Kill a Kingdom, Starfish, The Gloaming, The Smoke Thieves, The Way You Make Me Feel, The Queens of Innis Lear, Legendary, Nyxia Unleashed, Bright Ruin, A Thousand Beginnings and Endings, Empress of All Seasons, Tempests and Slaughter, Grim Lovelies, The Glass of Lead and Gold, Storm Witch, The Way Past Winter, The Gilded Wolves, Fierce Fairytales, Descendant of the Crane. Dragon Pearl, Last of Her Name. The Familars. A Pinch of Magic, A Witch Come True, The Winter of the Witch. Once Upon a River, A Curse So Dark and Lonely, Shadowscent, Romanov. Echo North, The Wicked King, The Priory of the Orange Tree, Spin the Dawn, Master of Sorrows, Asha and the Spirit Bird, A Treason of Thorns, We Rule The Night, Perfectly Preventable Deaths, The Last Spell Breather, The Starless Sea.
Thanks for reading!