I will freely admit that I have lots of books, and that I am constantly acquiring more! (There is a reason why I don’t post my book hauls and that’s because I generally acquire books at such a rate that posting about it would make me realise how big a problem I have!)
Yet, how well do I really know my collection?
Having recently moved house and with my books not properly sorted out yet, this might prove to be an impossible challenge, but I spotted this book tag over on It’s Not Just Fiction and thought it seemed really fun – here’s my go at completing this book tag!
Book Tag: Do I have that book?
1. Time yourself trying to find each prompt on your shelf
2. Try and beat the time of the person who challenged you.
3. Don’t forget to tag your challenger and the original creator.
4. Have fun!
1. DO YOU HAVE A BOOK WITH DECKLED EDGES?
Yup! I have two! The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi and Sorcery for Beginners by Matt Harry.
2. DO YOU HAVE A BOOK WITH 3 OR MORE PEOPLE ON THE COVER?
Who Let the Gods Out? by Maz Evans. Although, technically, some of the people on the cover are gods, not mortal people!
3. DO YOU HAVE A BOOK BASED ON ANOTHER FICTIONAL STORY?
I have LOADS of fairytale retellings as I love them. For example, Stepsister by Jennifer Donnelly. I also have Season of the Witch which is a prequel to the Netflix series, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.
4. DO YOU HAVE A BOOK WITH A TITLE 10 LETTERS LONG?
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo! Phew, thought that one was going to take me forever!
5. DO YOU HAVE A BOOK WITH A TITLE THAT STARTS AND ENDS WITH THE SAME LETTER?
The Lost Plot by Genevieve Cogman.
6. DO YOU HAVE A MASS MARKET PAPERBACK?
Um, I think so! I have book in every size, colour, shape and format!
7. DO YOU HAVE A BOOK WRITTEN BY AN AUTHOR USING A PEN NAME?
The Tales of the Otori series by Lian Hearn, pen name of Gillian Rubenstein!
8. DO YOU HAVE A BOOK WITH A CHARACTER’S NAME IN THE TITLE?
The entire Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer, My name is Mina by David Almond, Alice by Christina Henry.
9. DO YOU HAVE A BOOK WITH TWO MAPS IN IT?
I have tonnes of books with one map, but will need to have a look for one with two!
10. DO YOU HAVE A BOOK THAT WAS TURNED INTO A TV SHOW?
Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. Although I have only watched Episode 1 so far and can’t wait to watch the rest!
11. DO YOU HAVE A BOOK WRITTEN BY SOMEONE WHO IS ORIGINALLY FAMOUS FOR SOMETHING ELSE?
Um, maybe? I am awful with knowing celebrities. Although I know that I definitely have some books by David Walliams who was famous before he became an author. I also have a book by the radio presenter Christian O’Connell as he visited our school!
12. DO YOU HAVE A BOOK WITH A CLOCK ON THE COVER?
Not that I can find, no.
13. DO YOU HAVE A POETRY BOOK?
Yes, not many but some. Moon Whales by Ted Hughes. Evidence of Dragons by Pie Corbett. The Complete Poems by John Keats. The Day My teacher Went Batty by gervase Phin.
14. DO YOU HAVE A BOOK WITH AN AWARD STAMP ON IT?
Bridge to Terabithia and The Ecolution of Calpurnia Tate were the first I put my hands on!
15. DO YOU HAVE A BOOK WRITTEN BY AN AUTHOR WITH THE SAME INITIALS AS YOU?
I can do even better! I have a book of the collected plays of Christina Reid on my shelf – not me, obviously, but nice to have a book with my name on it!
16. DO YOU HAVE A BOOK OF SHORT STORIES?
Not many, as I usually find anthologies very hit-or-miss, but I do have Tangleweed and Brine by Dierdre Sullivan, The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo and my recently-purchased A Thousand Beginnings and Endings by Ellen Oh and Else Chapman. Plus, of course, tonnes of fairytale collections!
17. DO YOU HAVE A BOOK THAT IS BETWEEN 500-510 PAGES?
First I pulled out The Book Thief (552 pages) , then All The Light We Cannot See (531 pages) and finally The Poppy War (530 pages). Getting closer to the target range, but no luck this time!
18. DO YOU HAVE A BOOK THAT WAS TURNED INTO A MOVIE?
I have loads that should be turned into movies…um…oh! I have Noughts and Crosses by Maloria Blackman, Hold Back the Stars by Katie Khan (both of which are being made into movies I think?) , THUG by Angie Thomas and Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. Though I haven’t actually seen either of those movies…
19. DO YOU HAVE A GRAPHIC NOVEL.
Illegal by Eoin Colfer, Andrew Donkin and Giovanni Rigano, plus stack of Japanese manga!
20. DO YOU HAVE A BOOK WRITTEN BY TWO OR MORE AUTHORS?
The Witch’s Kiss trilogy by Katharine Corr and Elizabeth Corr.
Phew, that was tough!
I feel like I know my shelves pretty well, but some of the questions were really tricky. I honestly don’t know how long this took me either, as I ended up stopping the clock and finishing it on a different day because I didn’t leave myself enough time to do it!
If you enjoyed this, consider yourself tagged!
I would love to read your answer too, so please feel free to link back to my post or drop your links below and I will read and comment.
While you’re here, why not check out Readers’ Problems, 7 skills bookworms have developed, Secret Life of a Book Blogger, How to annoy a bookworm in 5 easy steps, Bare Your Bookshelf, Would you rather…? (Bookworm edition) , Bookish This or That, or Books I Want To Read but Don’t Want To Read Yet?
Thanks for reading!