Waiting on Wednesday: The Princess Who Flew With Dragons
The Princess Who Flew With Dragons
(Tales of the Chocolate Heart #3)
Written by Stephanie Burgis
Published by Bloomsbury
Publication date: 8th August 2019
Summary (from Goodreads):
Sofia isn’t the crown princess – that’s her perfect big sister, Katrin. Sofia is the other one. The disappointing one. So when disaster strikes, Sofia is certain she’s not a good enough princess to fix things. But she has to try. And maybe when you’re a failed princess with only a young dragon and a pack of rowdy goblins on your side, it’s time to try something wildly different…
From the author of The Dragon with a Chocolate Heart comes a magical third adventure about acceptance, family and friendship, perfect for fans of Cressida Cowell and Cornelia Funke.
Why I can’t wait to read this:
- I picked up the first book in this series, The Dragon with the Chocolate Heart, in my local library without knowing anything about it…and I fell head-over-heels in love! I have since read and loved the second book in the series, so I am very excited to see what will happen next!
- I want to hear more from Sofia! Her older sister seems very capable and even…dare I say it…a bit scary, especially in Book 2! I think we can all relate to feeling overshadowed or intimidated by someone, so I want to see what Sofia is going to do when she decides to take matters into her own hands.
- Goblins?! Yes, more wonderful magical creatures and what sounds like an expansion to a world that I am already in love with!
- Stephanie Burgis writes such lovely, warm, middle-grade stories. I always finish reading one of her books, feeling comforted and cosy, even when the characters have faced difficulties in the story. These books are fast becoming one of my ‘comfort reads’ for when the world gets a bit too much and I’m feeling a bit bruised.
- Dragons have always been a favourite with me and will be forever more – more dragons please authors!
What do you think?
Does this sound like the kind of book you would enjoy?
Will you be reading this or do you have any other anticipated releases you would recommend to me?
Let me know in the comments!
See some other Waiting on Wednesday posts here: When the Mountains Roared, The Exact Opposite of Okay, To Kill a Kingdom, Starfish, The Gloaming, The Smoke Thieves, The Way You Make Me Feel, The Queens of Innis Lear, Legendary, Nyxia Unleashed, Bright Ruin, A Thousand Beginnings and Endings, Empress of All Seasons, Tempests and Slaughter, Grim Lovelies, The Glass of Lead and Gold, Storm Witch, The Way Past Winter, The Gilded Wolves, Fierce Fairytales, Descendant of the Crane. Dragon Pearl, Last of Her Name. The Familars. A Pinch of Magic, A Witch Come True, The Winter of the Witch. Once Upon a River, A Curse So Dark and Lonely, Shadowscent, Romanov. Echo North, The Wicked King, The Priory of the Orange Tree, Spin the Dawn, Master of Sorrows, Asha and the Spirit Bird, A Treason of Thorns, We Rule The Night, Perfectly Preventable Deaths, Collision, Rumblestar, The Last Spell Breather, The Starless Sea, The Lost Tide Warriors.
Thanks for reading!