Waiting on Wednesday: Containment
(Sanctuary Series Book #2)
Written by Caryn Lix
Published by Simon Pulse
Publication date: 6th August 2019
Summary (from Goodreads):
They may have escaped Sanctuary, but Kenzie and her friends are far from safe.
Ex-Omnistellar prison guard Kenzie and her superpowered friends barely made it off Sanctuary alive. Now they’re stuck in a stolen alien ship with nowhere to go and no one to help them. Kenzie is desperate for a plan, but she doesn’t know who to trust anymore. Everyone has their own dark secrets: Omnistellar, her parents, even Cage. Worse still, she’s haunted by memories of the aliens who nearly tore her to shreds—and forced her to accidentally kill one of the Sanctuary prisoners, Matt.
When Kenzie intercepts a radio communication suggesting that more aliens are on their way, she knows there’s only one choice: They must turn themselves in to Omnistellar and destroy the ship before the aliens follow the signal straight to them. Because if the monstrous creatures who attacked Sanctuary reach Earth, then it’s game over for humanity.
What Kenzie doesn’t know is that the aliens aren’t the only ones on the hunt. Omnistellar has put a bounty on Kenzie’s head—and the question is whether the aliens or Omnistellar get to her first.
Why I can’t wait to read this:
- I joined the blog tour for the first book in this series, Sanctuary, and really enjoyed it. At first I was worried that it wouldn’t live up to the awesome summary, but it actually exceeded my expectations.
- It sounds like the stakes get even higher in this second book, as Kenzie has thrown her lot in with the former prisoners of the ship where she was a prison officer.
- I want to find out more about the ‘dark secrets’ that everyone is hiding. Cage was a fascinating character in the fist book and I believe that there is a lot more to his back-story and his sister’s than we as readers have realized yet. I also want to find out more about everyone’s powers and why they have been locked away.
- Omnistellar seems like quite a suspicious entity, with how they control everyone in their employ. I can’t see them taking Kenzie’s defection very well and I want to see what they will do to retaliate.
- The aliens in this series are also interesting, yet menacing – what exactly do they want? Their actions in the first book has given me a healthy fear of them but I want to know more about what they’re aiming to do.
What do you think?
Does this sound like the kind of book you would enjoy?
Will you be reading this or do you have any other anticipated releases you would recommend to me?
Let me know in the comments!
See some other Waiting on Wednesday posts here: When the Mountains Roared, The Exact Opposite of Okay, To Kill a Kingdom, Starfish, The Gloaming, The Smoke Thieves, The Way You Make Me Feel, The Queens of Innis Lear, Legendary, Nyxia Unleashed, Bright Ruin, A Thousand Beginnings and Endings, Empress of All Seasons, Tempests and Slaughter, Grim Lovelies, The Glass of Lead and Gold, Storm Witch, The Way Past Winter, The Gilded Wolves, Fierce Fairytales, Descendant of the Crane. Dragon Pearl, Last of Her Name. The Familars. A Pinch of Magic, A Witch Come True, The Winter of the Witch. Once Upon a River, A Curse So Dark and Lonely, Shadowscent, Romanov. Echo North, The Wicked King, The Priory of the Orange Tree, Spin the Dawn, Master of Sorrows, Asha and the Spirit Bird, A Treason of Thorns, We Rule The Night, Perfectly Preventable Deaths, Collision, Rumblestar, The Last Spell Breather, The Starless Sea, The Lost Tide Warriors, The Princess Who Flew With Dragons.
Thanks for reading!